Knowledge Base / FAQ
ID: KB00197EN | short link:
What is the difference between MAYA44 USB and MAYA44 USB+?
MAYA44 USB and MAYA44 USB+ are very similar in their functionality and we often get asked about the differences. MAYA44 USB+ is the replacement and the upgrade for MAYA44 USB. Here are the key differences:
- MAYA44 USB+ has a white / silver aluminium metal case while MAYA44 USB has a blue see-through plastic case (the very first production runs have been in brown color)
- MAYA44 USB+ is smaller (around 12cm x 7cm x 2cm) than MAYA44 USB (around 17cm x 8cm x 2.5cm)
- MAYA44 USB+ connects via a mini-USB cable to the computer while MAYA44 USB connects via USB cable that is fixed to the plastic case
- MAYA44 USB+ has a higher output level than MAYA44 USB on the line outputs with better audio quality
- MAYA44 USB+ provides a full EWDM driver under Windows, while MAYA44 USB is supplied with a special USB ASIO driver (also see below)
- MAYA44 USB+ has a headphone output that supplies the signals from channel 1/2, while MAYA44 USB sends out the mix of all playback channels via the headphone output
Beside this, the functionality is essentially the same. As the Windows drivers are different, you might be interested to know that the MAYA44 USB+ driver can actually be used and installed for the older model MAYA44 USB as well.
More support pages