uniK 04 connectors & functions
This text describes the layout and main functions of the front & rear panel
of our uniK 04 active
desktop reference monitor.
1. TRS input (Left / Right) - these jacks accept TRS input connections,
either balanced or unbalanced. For balanced connections, a 3-conductor TRS plug
is necessary. The TRS input is wired like this:
Unbalanced wiring works with either a 2- or 3-conductor TRS connector. A 2-conductor
TRS plug (or sometimes also just called TS plug) automatically grounds the minus
signal input, whereas a 3-conductor TRS plug wired unbalanced provides the option
of leaving the minus open or grounded. We recommend that you ground the unused
2. vent port - uniK 04 is a vented box speaker system with a vent port
on the rear panel. Make sure you are not blocking the vent port (i.e. by putting
the speaker too close to a wall) or the sound colour will be changed.
3. speaker wire connection - use these connectors to connect the included
speaker wire with the second passive uniK 04 speaker.
4. power switch - when you push the power switch, uniK 04 will be turned
on, and -surprise- it will be turned off when you push the power switch again.
5. power port with ext. fuse - use this connector to plug in the detachable
3-circuit line cord that connects to the power outlet. The connector contains
a replaceable fuse (T1AL/250V).
6. volume control knob - use the volume control to set the proper output
level of uniK 04. Please be careful and never set the volume too high as it
could damage your equipment otherwise.
7. power indicator - the blue LED on the front shows if uniK 04 is switched
on or not.