Knowledge Base / FAQ
ID: KB00008EN | short link:
uniK 04 connectors & functions
This text describes the layout and main functions of the front & rear panel of our uniK 04 active desktop reference monitor.
1. TRS input (Left / Right) - these jacks accept TRS input connections, either balanced or unbalanced. For balanced connections, a 3-conductor TRS plug is necessary. The TRS input is wired like this:
|INPUT SIGNAL||TRS CONNECTIONS|
Unbalanced wiring works with either a 2- or 3-conductor TRS connector. A 2-conductor TRS plug (or sometimes also just called TS plug) automatically grounds the minus signal input, whereas a 3-conductor TRS plug wired unbalanced provides the option of leaving the minus open or grounded. We recommend that you ground the unused part.
2. vent port - uniK 04 is a vented box speaker system with a vent port on the rear panel. Make sure you are not blocking the vent port (i.e. by putting the speaker too close to a wall) or the sound colour will be changed.
3. speaker wire connection - use these connectors to connect the included speaker wire with the second passive uniK 04 speaker.
4. power switch - when you push the power switch, uniK 04 will be turned on, and -surprise- it will be turned off when you push the power switch again.
5. power port with ext. fuse - use this connector to plug in the detachable 3-circuit line cord that connects to the power outlet. The connector contains a replaceable fuse (T1AL/250V).
6. volume control knob - use the volume control to set the proper output level of uniK 04. Please be careful and never set the volume too high as it could damage your equipment otherwise.
7. power indicator - the blue LED on the front shows if uniK 04 is switched on or not.
More support pages