aktiv 05 connectors & functions (no standby)
This text describes the layout and main functions of the rear panel of our
aktiv 05 active monitors.
Please note that the information in this document refers to the model without
standby functionality which was shipped to resellers until late 2012 (Europe
only). A description of the connectors and functions of the upgraded hardware
can be found here.
1. XLR input - this connector accepts balanced XLR input connections
(optimised for +4dBu). XLR input is wired like this:
2. TS input - this jack accepts TS input connections, unbalanced (optimised
for -10dBV). The TS input is wired like this:
The TS input should not be used with balanced TRS signals. Although this is
possible, the input level will not be correct in that case. For balanced connection,
please use a XLR cable whenever possible.
3. vent port - aktiv 05 is a vented box speaker system with a vent port
on the rear panel. Make sure you are not blocking the vent port (i.e. by putting
the speaker too close to a wall) or the sound colour will be changed.
4. volume control knob - use the volume control knob to set the proper
input level from the sound source. Make sure to setup all speakers accordingly.
When set to the center position, the output level is set to the recommended
calibrated level to reach the most optimised dynamic response (expecting a balanced
XLR +4dBu or unbalanced TS -10dBV input signal).
5. power switch - when you push the power switch, aktiv 05 will be
turned on, and -surprise- it will be turned off when you push the power switch
6. power port with ext. fuse - use this connector to plug in the detachable
3-circuit line cord that connects to the power outlet. The connector contains
a replaceable fuse (T1AL250V).
7. AC Selection - you can select either 115V or 230V AC power according
to your local requirements. Make sure this is selected properly before you switch
on aktiv 05 for the first time or your equipment could be damaged.