nEar05 eXperience connectors & functions
This text describes the layout and main functions of the rear panel of our
1. XLR input - this connector accepts balanced XLR input connections.
The signal of the XLR input is mixed together with the TRS input signal through
a balanced input amplifier. The XLR input is wired like this:
2. TRS input - this jack accepts TRS input connections, either balanced
or unbalanced. For balanced connections, a 3-conductor TRS plug is necessary.
The TRS input is wired like this:
Unbalanced wiring works with either a 2- or 3-conductor TRS connector. A 2-conductor
TRS plug (or sometimes also just called TS plug) automatically grounds the minus
signal input, whereas a 3-conductor TRS plug wired unbalanced provides the option
of leaving the minus open or grounded. We recommend that you ground the unused
3. bar code label - this label contains the product serial number bar
4. vent port - nEar05 eXperience is a vented box speaker system with
a vent port on the rear panel. Make sure you are not blocking the vent port
(i.e. by putting the speaker too close to a wall) or the sound colour will be
5. volume control knob - use the volume control knob to set the proper
input level from the sound source. Make sure to setup the left / right speakers
accordingly. Please refer to the image on the right to see the input level to
match your sound source. You might also want to refer to the manual of the sound
source connecting to the input of nEar05 eXperience. Generally-10dBV or +4dBu
are the most common output levels of semi-professional and professional audio
equipment. For example, if your sound source outputs with a -10dBV reference
level, you should not set the volume control knob to more than -10dBV for maximum
6. power switch - when you push the power switch, nEar05 eXperience
will be turned on, and -surprise- it will be turned off when you push the power
7. power port with ext. fuse - use this connector to plug in the detachable
3-circuit line cord that connects to the power outlet.
8. AC selection - you can select either 110V or 230V AC power according
to your local requirements. Make sure this is selected properly before you switch
on nEar05 eXperience for the first time or your equipment could be damaged.